Monday, May 22, 2017

22 May 2017

Happy birthday to me!  Mr. Brown organized a surprise party for me but then had to go out of town unexpectedly for a funeral and so sprang the surprise over the phone (I was out of town for business) three days before.  So I hosted my own surprise party.  It was very nice- my parents and the Scotts and three of my good friends from the ward came.  The kids and I bought fourteen helium balloons for me.  Nut Brown had made flowers for table decorations and Mr. Brown left two pans of lasagna and a giant green salad for dinner. Rose Pink made my birthday cake.  The balloons were a spur of the moment purchase - I just wanted some for my birthday and they were a delight to everyone. We ate in the backyard and it was so nice to be with my friends.  I would be so happy to stay here in Michigan with them.  It's really going to be a wrench to leave.  Deborah made me a pound cake and Donna Rae brought me soap.  The Scotts brought themselves and our friendship and it was so nice to be with them.

My dear children, all day, celebrated my birthday with me.  Nut Brown kept giving me hugs.  They loved the balloons so much.  Nut Brown also gave me a Lego set that he'd built himself out of the family legos.  He'd drawn out directions for it, just like the sets you get at the store.  It was priceless.  I love my family so much.  Mr. Brown wished me happy birthday every time he talked to me.  I miss him.  I will be glad when he comes home tomorrow.


No comments: