Thursday, August 6, 2009

hello again

We are back from vacation but have little to recount. My kids had a fabulous time with their cousins and also with their very accommodating uncles and aunts and grandparents. We still haven't bought a new camera so I have no pictures to show from this journey. It was warm enough in Alabama to swim and Rose Pink and Nut Brown both made beginning strides towards actual swimming motions. I like swimming. I wish it was warmer here so we could swim more often. No other real news. I have been really busy at work and year end is coming up so things are probably just going to get more busy. I had a funny experience the other day at work when a co-worker told us that her uncle-in-law's family (who are Mormon) had lost their twelve-year-old daughter in a car wreck, but that they seemed to be "doing okay". I expressed sympathy and later that night in bed I thought, you dope! Why didn't you tell her about eternal families, and that they're probably "doing okay" because they've been sealed in the temple? (I am making assumptions here, but he's a bishop so I think they're pretty good assumptions.) Eternal families is your favorite thing about the gospel! So the next day I came in and was going to tell her about it and brought in a copy of the Family Proclamation for her, too. We missed each other so I emailed her and she said she was interested in other religions too (not sure if she's just being nice to me) but I'm going to get a Book of Mormon to go with the Family Proclamation before I give it to her. That's what she gets for being polite. :)

No comments: