Tuesday, October 12, 2010

12 October 2010

Nut Brown thinks that the number five is infinitely large. This means that when he gets 'five minute' warnings, he is extremely pleased to be told that he has an infinite amount of time left to play in the tub. He always wants to be assigned verse five to read when we're reading scriptures at night. And the other day on the way home from the park, he had a conversation with Mr. Brown about death in which he offered to die, but not for five days, Daddy. I personally hope it's a bit longer than five days.
---------------------------------
Last night we had a backyard full of kiddos from the neighborhood engaging in that classic childhood pasttime- mud pies. Also mud soup. Also making a 'cement carpet' by spreading the mud on a piece of cardboard. Tonight Rose Pink was invited up to play at a little girl's house up the street. Nut Brown was determined that he was going with her, but since she hadn't specifically invited him, we kept him home. We tried distracting him so he'd forget about going to Anna's house, but whatever we offered, he insisted that he was going to Anna's house, as in, "I will get a haircut and take a bath and THEN I'm going to Anna's house." or "I will not make cookies with you BECAUSE I am going to Anna's house." Finally we just said, No, dear, you're not going, and he cried and cried, and then made cookies with me. Sometimes kids just break your heart.

No comments: