Monday, November 8, 2010

8 November 2010

Conversation yesterday with Rose Pink:

Rose Pink: I really want to go to school next year, Daddy.

Mr. Brown: Why do you really want to go to school?

Rose Pink: So that I can make lots of friends and they can come over and we can make hominy soup with a BIG can of hominy! (She means a number 10 can size of hominy.)

Mr. Brown: Sweetheart, if that's the only reason that you want to go to school, I can make hominy soup with a big can of hominy for you right now.

Rose Pink: Really? Really?!?

Mr. Brown: Yes.

Rose Pink: Hooray! And maybe I can take the label off and paint the can!
--------------------------

Since Halloween and the arrival of masses of candy, there has been some discussion about how Mr. Brown doesn't eat chocolate, and the children, crushed by the idea that Daddy might miss out on some of the windfall that came their way, have been diligent about finding non-chocolate candies for him to share. The other night at the table, we were talking about how we need to let Santa know not to put chocolate candy in Mr. Brown's stocking. Mr. Brown said that he would like to ask Santa to bring him some Pay Day candy bars. Nut Brown, very seriously, said, "Maybe Santa will bring you a new computer with more Duck Tales movies on it."

No comments: