Friday, December 10, 2010

10 December 2010

First serious snow today, about an inch on the ground this morning. Rose Pink is of course ecstatic. I am less ecstatic. Mr. Brown is sick so if there is to be playing in the snow, I have to be in charge of it. So here's what happened - we went to the library (minus Mr. Brown, who is sick) on our way to the Cranbrook Museum. We were dashing inside to pick up books on hold. On our way back to the car, Rose Pink and Nut Brown got distracted by the snow around the edge of the fountain, and then they climbed into the fountain and played with the snow there. Rose Pink picked up fifty-six pennies. (See how well she can count?) I read my book for fifteen minutes until their fingers got too cold to go on (because we weren't going to play in the snow, we were going to the museum.)

We proceed on to the museum. Children get out of the car and race over to snowbanks. I get back in the car and read my book some more while snow play occurs. Eventually Rose Pink comes over and tells me she has to go to the bathroom, so we go into the museum. Snow play successfully achieved for the day.

Snow on the ground has also illuminated exactly how often the squirrels get into our trash can. The snow around the trash can is completely compacted by little squirrel footprints. Going to take out the trash tonight, I told Mr. Brown that I was going to feed the squirrels.

No comments: