We had a dry run for Halloween on Saturday night. The zoo had a Halloween fest called the 'Zoo Boo' and we bought tickets and went. I finished up the kids' costumes that afternoon. Rose Pink had planned to be Catwoman but I couldn't figure out a good way to make her a Catwoman that everyone wouldn't automatically think was just a cat, so I talked her into being a 'pink Batwoman' instead. Nut Brown is Green Lantern: felt hot-glued on black clothes, and a mask and ring Mr. Brown bought them months ago to play with. Rose Pink had a pink Batman shirt (which is where the idea came from) and I made her cape, fuzzy fur belt, and glued more fur on her black boots. She loved it, and I was very pleased with how well it worked out. I'm making a matching Green Lantern costume for Mr. Brown to trick or treat in with the kids. Jessica- I owe you big for showing me that Halloween costumes don't have to be super complicated to be fun.
The Zoo Boo was totally fun. They had it set up very well, where the walk outside looking at jack o'lanterns and animal sculptures made out of painted pumpkins and rebar (awesome!) and collecting candy at treat stations (sponsored by a local grocery chain, oh yes) was punctuated with periodic inside activities (the haunted reptile house! temporary outside shelter for crafts!) We all had a really great time and we may go back next year.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment