Monday, November 7, 2011

7 November 2011

Image: Rose Pink's rendering of one of the houses they visited while trick-or-treating.  She's the pink person on the left of the door and Nut Brown to the right.  This was drawn for Gia (and posted to her) and she drew some for her other grandparents but I was unable to mail them because we have packed the envelopes already in preparation for moving this Saturday!
 
Last night Rose Pink was deconstructing a dresser on the back porch while Mr. Brown and I raked the back lawn.  Mr. Brown noticed that the thin wood of the defunct dresser drawers was perfect for karate chops, and he taught Nut Brown how to break a board, which he did successfully (!).  He demonstrated board breaking with his fist, on his head, knee and belly (!).  Totally amazing.  And I broke one too. Mr. Brown said, "You didn't think it would actually break, did you?" and I admitted that I didn't.  But it did!  Nut Brown was especially pleased with himself: he's been in a 'little ninjas' karate class through the rec center for the past couple of weeks, and was very happy to discover that he has ninja skills.

No comments: