Another thing I love about Detroit is that in some places along the highways they have eschewed the traditional landscaping of nondescript evergreen bushes in favor of forsythia hedges. Just at this moment of turning to spring, the highway drive is positively glorious- a riot of masses of sunshine colored flowering bushes.
Last week was fabulously summer-like, forget about spring, and the kids spent lots of time drawing on the driveway and even played with the neighbors' slip-n-slide (although I think 70 degrees is still just a little too chilly for me for that). The windows all over the house are open.
We stocked up on summer wear for both of them at sales this weekend, which they modeled for us when we got home. One of the things that cracks me up about my kids is what little clotheshorses they are. They love shopping for clothes, and they love to get out their bins and see what's in them when they outgrow their old clothes or the seasons change. Both of them love clothes. Hee hee. I'm not exactly sure where this comes from. But it makes me laugh. I wonder if the new baby will be the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment