Monday, April 15, 2013

15 April 2013

I wish I had a photo for this post.  Bobo has started taking toddling walking steps- just a few.  I told Mr. Brown that I didn't want to encourage him because I like having a crawly baby underfoot, but I forgot how much fun it is to help your baby learn to walk and how excited they get, so Bobo has been getting more practice than he actually wants.  He still regards himself as a crawler, although he also cruises much more than he used to along the walls and furniture, and will take a single step to help bridge a gap.  At this point he's also pretty much mastered stairs, even to the point of knowing he has to turn around to go down them.

One of my favorite things about Bobo is how he pedals his legs like mad when he's excited.  When I come home and he scoots across the floor to me and asks to be picked up, when I pick him up his little legs are just going and going and going.  I say, "Go little feets go!" because it makes me laugh.  When he's excited about something, it's a whole-body explosion.  He loves it when anyone will play peek-a-boo with him around corners or around my shoulders when I hold him.  He is SO much fun.

It was warm and sunny today and Mr. Brown let him go outside and crawl around and play, and Bobo thought he'd died and gone to heaven.  Although crawling is sure hard on your clothes when you're outside, so hopefully he'll get better at walking and save us a few bucks.

He's still waking up in the middle of the night, usually about 5 am, and he has a bottle and then snuggles into my elbow and goes immediately back to sleep.  I have to admit, as long as it's 5 am, I don't mind the middle of the night cuddles too too much.  Sometimes he wakes up at 1 am or 2 am, and those make me a lot grumpier.  We've tried a couple things to get him to sleep all twelve hours, but without much success, so we're just waiting it out.  At 5 am, it's like having most of a night's sleep and then immediately taking a 2 hr nap without getting dressed in between.

Last night Rose Pink was sitting on my lap, playing with my hands and started making them into a completed electrical circuit that she used to "fix the flickering lamps".  My wedding ring was the on/off switch for the circuit. 

I teach the 8 year olds Sunday School class at church (two boys and two girls).  It's an interesting class because three of the four kids are homeschooled.  Yesterday we had some extra time at the end of class so I let the the boys make the magic markers into swords and they started a sword fight.  Rose Pink watched them for a minute and then inserted herself into it by directing one of them to be the attacker and the other the defender of the princess (herself).  She tried to get the other girl (the public school student) to participate as well but the other girl said somewhat disdainfully, I'm not a princess, and declined to play.  Rose Pink looked at her for a moment as if thinking, then what's the purpose of life?  I'm so glad imagination lives at our house.  Fortunately, the other girl's opinion didn't stop her from playing.

No comments: