Last Thursday was Bring Your Kids to Work Day (photo is of me and Bobo by a robot display that he found fascinating) so all three kids plus Mr. Brown came to work with me and we played all day. They drew pictures at my desk and drove robots and built Lego robots and some of the kids jumped in the bouncy castle. It was not as great as the previous years, partly because the weather was so bad (it was snowing) and partly because they didn't get as much time to drive robots or hang out at my office. But I was still glad for them to come and see where I work and meet some of my coworkers.
Bobo is learning his letters by having them assigned to words, e.g. "P is for Papa". He read me 'DETROIT' by saying "D is for Papa, E is for Enoch, T is Truscott, R is for Ramses, O is for O, I is Isaiah, T is for Truscott" and was very pleased with himself. T is sometimes for Transformer (a current passion) and B is no longer for Batman, but for Bumblebee (another Transformer). We get out the tiles from our Bananagrams game and he calls it his 'yetter homewook' and then manipulates the tiles so that they talk to each other and introduce themselves. He identifies letters out of the blue sometimes when we are out and about. I so love watching him learn!

No comments:
Post a Comment