On my birthday, the kids and I went for a walk in the woods. It was a lovely lovely day, so nice to be outside.
(a chipmunk on the path)
Walking again later in wet shoes and pants, he said, 'If I'd known I was going to fall in, I wouldn't have done it.'
Briar Rose snoozing through most of it. She's learning to grab things, that's why there are ribbons on her car seat.
We had some munchies to keep up company, including pita breads. Nut Brown asked for a pita and I said, I don't know how many there are, so please take into account that everyone will want some when deciding what to take. He counted and there were (serendipitously) enough for everyone to have exactly one. So he's munching on his and sings to himself, "My own... personal... pita..." and starts to laugh. (Name that Depeche Mode song- again from the 80s)
The kids were playing a rhyming game with animal names. Rose Pink asked Nut Brown to name an animal, and he said, "Elephant!" So she sings, "I wish I were an elephant/Then I could be so benevolent!"
At a birthday party last month when they were playing Duck Duck Goose, she wanted to know why it couldn't be Shark Shark Tuna.



No comments:
Post a Comment