Friday, January 13, 2017

13 January 2017

Happy birthday, Rosebud!  We all survived the first year - and I enjoyed it far more than I expected.  What a sweet fun little girl you are!


She has turned out to be different from our other children in funny ways - she LOVES stuffed animals, which our other kids are generally pretty indifferent to.  She is also by far our pickiest eater.  When she gets older we'll be able to negotiate more with her about this, but right now she is subsisting largely on black beans, blueberries, granola, apples and dried fruit.  We keep trying to feed her whatever we're having for dinner, and discovered that, like Nut Brown, she likes fish chowder.  We're also pretty sure she's lactose-intolerant, like all our babies have been so far, because the one or two times we've accidentally given her some dairy, she gets super fussy and gassy.


I'm looking forward to giving up bottles and formula and moving on to sippy cups and soy milk.  Yay for growing up!

No comments: