Nut Brown: Mom, I have to tell you something I feel really guilty about.
Mom: Okay. I'm ready.
Nut Brown: Remember when I was scraping the tar off the floor in the bedroom in Michigan when we were getting ready to sell the house? And remember how I found a better way to scrape it that made it so much faster?
Mom: I remember.
Nut Brown: Well, it helped to hit the scraper with something to get it unstuck. Don't try a hammer, though, it will dig into the floor. I know because I tried it.
Mom: Okay.
Nut Brown: So I tried something else. I used your lotion bottle, and it broke the bottom of it.
Mom: Which lotion bottle?
Nut Brown: The big one. The expensive kind you buy online.
Mom: The Aquaphilic? Oh! I didn't even notice! Well, thank you for telling me. I'll check to make sure it doesn't melt or leak onto anything.... Did you learn anything from that choice?
Nut Brown: No. Nothing.
Mom: Nothing?
Nut Brown: Well, I learned not to use stuff made out of plastic as a hammer, because it will break. And I learned not to use expensive stuff as a hammer either because you'll feel bad if it breaks.... Wow, I know more than I think I do.
Sunday, September 17, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment