We just returned from a farewell visit up to our friends the Peers in Charleston. They are moving to Idaho at the beginning of August, which is so far away! We will miss them very much. We went to the children's museum downtown, and on TWO double dates for dessert and a walk on the waterfront. We went swimming in their apartment pool, and took the kids down to the waterfront downtown one morning. We also watched our kids and their kids play together and have so much fun. There were card games and video games and imaginary play, and altogether no fighting, in spite of the fact that we were all cramped into a three bedroom apartment for three days together. They are such good friends. We're excited for their good fortune to be going to Idaho but we will miss them SO much!
We were supposed to go on to Ohio after this visit in order to attend a family reunion on Mr. Brown's side, but I have an upper respiratory infection (going on 3 weeks now) and Mr. Brown wasn't feeling well either, and Rosebud and Nut Brown have also been coughing pretty badly for a couple weeks. I throw up when the coughing gets bad, and we didn't feel up to the drive or the reunion or the time away from home, plus we didn't want to get everybody else sick. So we went home instead.
We got home Saturday evening, and everybody crashed. Only Mr. Brown and Rose Pink went to church on Sunday, and after all the other kids got up, I went back to bed and slept for two more hours. Rosebud is experienced with amusing herself next to a sleeping parent and when I came back to full consciousness I found books and drawing papers scattered over the bed next to me with vague memories of her talking to me about what she was doing. I suggested to her and Bobo that they get out the toy kitchen and toy food and do some cooking, and that occupied them for another hour of delightful sleep, at which point I felt like I could get out of bed without immediately wanting to lay down again. It has been so nice to be home.
Monday, July 23, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment