We spent Labor Day weekend at my sister's house in Tallahassee with her family and my parents. Mr. Brown stayed at home and had a restful weekend, and my brother-in-law went down to Tampa to see their son there, and my sister and I sat up late and talked and talked and talked. Being closer to her has been such a wonderful thing! So glad to count her as a friend.
We arrived pretty late on Friday because I ignored the GPS and we ended up going almost 90 minutes out of our way to make up for it. (oh well) We went to Home Depot on Saturday morning to do the free kid project, which the kids really loved. That afternoon, Grandma split the grandkids into two groups and had them each do a skit, which was fun. Then we went to the pool and went swimming, and then Grandpa took all of us out for Chinese food.
Sunday we went to church, which I just love, because the ward in Tallahassee is so wonderful! Sometimes I tell Mr. Brown that we should move to Tallahassee so we can be in that ward. Then it was board games for most of the afternoon, and we left to drive back just after dinner. At the moment we're listening to Howl's Moving Castle as the audiobook, and the kids AND I are completely entranced. I know they're listening to it now without me and I've just about decided that I must get it out of the library in order to to finish the story!
1 comment:
LOVE Howl's Moving Castle! Movie was a very different beast, though. Almost a totally different story.
Post a Comment