Started the week on Sunday morning by discovering that I had washed a book with my boys' clothes in the washer. Book was COMPLETELY shredded, tiny bits of paper blanketing the clothes and the washer. I dried the clothes twice, and collected the resulting wads of lint for firestarter. There was a lot. Then I washed it one more time and dried it (another wad for the fire) and counted it good enough. It was Bobo's spelling book.
Yesterday we decided it was time to get pumpkins for carving and discovered that October 29 is too late for pumpkins. After four stores, we found pie pumpkins so we bought seven and one large pumpkin shaped gourd. Came home and read 2 Timothy 2 while the hash browns were cooking for dinner.
We are in the middle of bad head colds (side effect from recent trip to Michigan maybe?) and Mr. Brown has been wiped out for the last couple days. Nut Brown and Rosebud and I are mostly mended, and Rose Pink never got sick, but Bobo is also really really ill. He spent a good chunk of yesterday afternoon laying in bed dozing, which is unlike him.
No comments:
Post a Comment