Ever since I brought home the headless horseman Halloween decoration and told Rosebud and Bobo the story of the headless horseman, Rosebud has refused to go anywhere in the house by herself. Our house is not that big, but if no one is downstairs, she won't go downstairs, and if no one is upstairs, she won't go upstairs. The first thing she asks when you ask her to "run upstairs and get some socks" is, "Is somebody upstairs?" At first I tried to argue about it with her, but now we just all accommodate her and go upstairs and downstairs with her. (The house is really not that big.) I'm just documenting here one of her funny quirks at the moment. It's been going on for a couple months now.
Rosebud also gets frightened very easily when watching movies, and when she does, she has nightmares when she goes to sleep and wakes up screaming. We turned Wednesday nights into family movie night, and we are taking turns picking the movies, but we have found out that we have to be really careful with what we choose for Rosebud's sake. Bobo is actually pretty easy to scare too, so we watch lots of relatively tame (but still enjoyable) movies.
They get this from me - I do not like suspenseful movies at all. We planned to go as a family to go see the last Star Wars movie over Christmas, but Bobo started acting weird and finally it came out that he didn't want to see it - just the thought of it made him nervous. So he and I and Rosebud stayed home, and the older kids went with Mr. Brown and when they came home, Mr. Brown said that all three of us had made the right choice.
Sunday, April 26, 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment