Monday, January 11, 2021

11 January 2021

 Yesterday we had some spectacular snowfall - 4-6 inches accumulation.  When we were driving home from church, I was certain that if this were Michigan, the salt trucks would have been out for sure, and they would be thinking about plowing.  Then it continued to snow all afternoon!

The kids were ecstatic.  In spite of not having proper snow gear any more, they dressed as warmly as they could, went out and played, came in for hot chocolate while their gear went through the dryer, then put it all back on and went for a second round.  It was so much fun for them.  The cherry on top was the cancellation of school for today.




 Mr. Brown and I were somewhat less enthused about the snow.  We stayed inside and stayed warm.  Snow sure is beautiful when it is falling.  And this morning when Mr. Brown and I were out walking in the cold sunshine, it was nice to have a bit of winter.  Mr. Brown in particular prefers the clear change of seasons from fall to winter to spring to summer.


No comments: