Thursday, April 21, 2022

21 April 2022

 

Rose Pink's spring choir concert was the second weekend in April.  They had rehearsal on Friday afternoon, and then dress rehearsal and two performances on Saturday afternoon.  We crashed at friends' house Friday night and then headed back for more on Saturday.  


Here's the entire high school women's choir (with one photo-bomber boy in the back).  There are five choirs in the concert (kids, middle school, high school women, high school men, and adults).  She was in most of the numbers but there were a few that were just the adults, or just the adults and the kids.

Moms are asked to volunteer backstage and I was assigned to the high school sopranos to run the walkie-talkie for that group.  We practiced being all the places we had to be on Friday afternoon (stage right!  balcony! lobby between numbers! back to the balcony!)  There was a lot of waiting around.



I worked the 5:00 show and then attended the 8:00 show.  It was pretty great!

(she was up in the balcony for most of the show)

I was worried about the music being performed in a way that would manipulate me into crying, because I would have completely fallen apart after being away from home and being so tired.  But my antidepressant medication squashed all that!  I could tell all the places where I was supposed to be moved but the medication was like, Nope! No emotions for you! so that was great.  At the end of the concert, as they finished singing Be Still My Soul, I could still feel the Spirit, which was wonderful - a very clear sense of peace and calm in response to the musical prayers that were offered in the concert.  And it was that much clearer because my emotions were suppressed.  I'm so grateful for that gift.

I really admire this choir and the directors.  I'm really glad Rose Pink gets to participate in it.

No comments: