Sunday, June 4, 2023

4 June 2023

 This evening our friends Jon and Megan hosted a welcome party for us combined with a farewell party for another family leaving the ward.  Bobo brought a lego creation with him and lost a piece of it on the lawn.  He asked me to help him look for it.  We started combing through the grass, and he said to me, "I'm going to go pray."  He went off and came back a few minutes later, and we looked on the lawn together.  Almost right away he said, "I can't find it, it's not here, we'll never find it, we might as well quit," but I reminded him that God couldn't help us if we stopped looking.  A couple minutes later, a brother from church called out to me, "Sister Brown, are you looking for something?"  I explained about the lego and he said, "Oh ho, I've been there!" He and his teenagers came to help us look.  He asked Bobo if he had prayed, and Bobo said he had.  His daughter found the missing lego piece thirty seconds later.  Bobo was amazed.  He said right away, "I'm going to go say a prayer of gratitude."  I'm so grateful for the examples of faith that have taught him that God hears and answers prayers. 

No comments: