Friday, February 2, 2024

2 February 2024

The end of the monster snow week.  Bobo and Nut Brown made a snowman, and then it rained.


I drove for a temple trip for the youth, and Bobo went for the first time.  Our car was the singing car, as they sang their way through Hamilton on the way down and back.  They're very careful to clean up the language as they sing, replacing "damn" with "darn" and "God" with "gosh" and so on.  At one point Bobo sang, "In Gosh we trust" and Nut Brown interrupted him to say that it was okay to say God there, since we trust in Him and not in Gosh.

Bobo has also started passing the sacrament.  I snuck a photo of him on his first Sunday.  He is strongly encouraged to wear a white shirt and so I finally have an excuse to insist.  (He was not very resistant.)  Overall, it has been a pretty straightforward transition for him so far into the youth program.  He was nervous the first couple weeks as he sorted out new teachers and new meetings, but now he looks forward to weekly activities and is okay with his deaconly duties.

Nut Brown has started blessing the sacrament as well.  I love to see him doing that.  Both my boys are such awesome people!

No comments: