Spring break! The schools were out for ten days around Easter weekend. We didn't go anywhere. Instead I scheduled playdates mostly for Rosebud but also a couple for Nut Brown and Bobo.
Friday of that week we also met Grandma and Grandpa in Washington DC for a couple hours. We went to the Museum of American History and saw the flag from Ft. McHenry, and had lunch together in the basement.
Then we walked over to the Tidal Basin and walked under the cherry trees to the Jefferson Memorial.
Nut Brown was not very impressed. He told me that he thinks Harford County is prettier than the cherry trees. It's true that we were there later than last year so it wasn't quite as heart-stoppingly beautiful. But I was also glad that he was enjoying the beauty around us at home.
After the Jefferson Memorial we walked back to the car. Friends have always advised me that you have to be on the road home no later than two pm - any later and a 90 minute drive turns into a 2.5 hour drive. I pushed it a it, and we left at 2:30. I thought surely that would be okay, but no, we didn't get home until 5 pm! Lesson learned!
And then it was Easter - and there were Peeps from Grandpa to be eaten!
We had Easter dinner as a shared meal with the Bloods and Knoxes. So glad to have friends!







No comments:
Post a Comment