Friday, August 9, 2024

9 August 2024

Busy day for me today! It's Friday so it was date day and Mr. Brown and I went out to Wawa for breakfast! Then Mr. Brown took D to his last day of STEM camp and he and Nut Brown and Rose Pink went on to the gym.  D says he has enjoyed STEM camp, and he talks a lot about the card games that he's learned how to play during breaks. He also says that they extracted strawberry DNA, built a radio from Snap Circuits, constructed furniture out of newspaper and built a teepee from newspaper, ate an MRE and met an active duty Airborne soldier. So I guess there was also some science.

Rosebud and I play tested her board game this morning. It was a pretty fun game. We tried a couple different rules variations and had a good time together. She "did her dots" (the four projects she's working on this summer - math book to learn multiplication, cursive handwriting, dribbling a basketball, and piano practice - these were all her ideas) while I did my shoulder exercises.

Rose Pink and I went clothes shopping and found a great consignment shop! Very excited for this, because the thrifting scene in town is really not good. So that was encouraging. 

This afternoon Mr. Brown and Nut Brown spent almost two hours on dance practice. Rose Pink was a helpful partner... My shoulder keeps me from being great at the moment. Rosebud and I dashed out for a rain walk in the last trailing storm from Hurricane Debby, and that was nice, to be out in the rain. It's been so nice to have cloud and rain for awhile instead of the unrelenting sun.

Mr. Brown danced with me in the kitchen 🥰 and it was so nice to do something so close. He said that we were meant to be dance partners because we dance so well together, and even twenty-five years ago it was that way. 🥰 It is so nice to be together with him.

I helped Rosebud make dirt pudding with a little kit that she got from her Primary teacher on Sunday,



 and we had pizza for dinner, and then the girls and I went shopping for a small surprise birthday gift for Nut Brown. He'll be away at camp next week when it's his birthday so we want to surprise him with a little gift on his birthday even though we're saving the big celebration until he gets home.

Busy, happy day.

No comments: