Wednesday, December 25, 2024

25 December 2025

Sometimes I feel bad for Rosebud as the youngest.  Her older siblings are growing out of things that she is still excited about, and her parents are less interested in creating magic for childhood than we were when Rose Pink and Nut Brown were little.  Christmas is a prime example.  She finds Christmas magical and wonderful, as most children do.  D is on the cusp of moving out of the magic (not quite there) and Nut Brown and Rose Pink are definitely on the adult side of Christmas.  

So Rosebud had a somewhat difficult Christmas morning.  She woke her siblings up early, like always.  Mr. Brown and I had found some small fake Lego kits that we'd put into the stockings, and we wondered why the kids didn't come and get us around seven like they usually do.  Finally we got up and went downstairs and discovered that the Lego kits had about 170-250 pieces each, and the older three were engrossed in doing them.  The kit was a little too advanced for Rosebud, so D and Rose Pink did hers when they'd finished theirs.  Then Mr. Brown said we had to have breakfast first, so we did.  Rosebud was DYING to go back to the tree and open presents, but she was very patient.  Finally we all finished eating and we went back downstairs.

I only took one picture from Christmas morning:
I loved seeing my boys hang out next to each other and opening gifts.  When D is happy, he is so much fun to be around, and he was definitely happy on Christmas morning.  Nut Brown really enjoys being with him when he doesn't pester too much.

Oh, looks like I took two more photos.  Aunt Jenn sent fake mustaches and they were a lot of fun.
We were really tired - but dinner happened! Ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, brussels sprouts and pear custard pie.  I like Christmas Day, because my family is so happy that they are kind to each other all day.

No comments: