Sunday, August 24, 2025

24 August 2025

Yesterday was school supply shopping day! I love the ritual of taking kids shopping and helping them choose what they're going to use for the year. My favorite was when we shopped at HEB in Texas, and I would turn them loose with their printed lists and help them check things off to make sure they got it all. Now D is in middle school so it's just me and Rosebud, and this was the next to last year with her.  We had a good time together this afternoon, and we wrapped it up with buying gummy candies to celebrate completion. She got sharks and I got peach rings. 

She and I also stopped at the shoe store in the mall to look for Sunday shoes for her. She found a pair that have a bit of a heel and an ankle strap, in black patent leather, that she was very pleased with. She checked to make sure that it wasn't too high a heel by standing on one foot to check the balance! When we got home, she put them on and wore them all afternoon for all her activities, including walking around outside listening to her audio book. I love that she loves them so much. (Also, bonus, they were on sale for nine dollars!)

No comments: