Sunday, March 1, 2026

1 March 2026

This morning at church I watched D get the sacrament table ready and spread the cloth out with another teacher, and I felt so joyful at his growth and development.  He's such a great young man.  He and Nut Brown sat next to each other and talked about a manga they're both interested in, and I was so grateful for Nut Brown's good influence on D.  D idolizes him.

They spent most of the afternoon working on creating a card game together.  I was taking a nap in the sunshine in my bedroom (luxury) so I didn't see the specifics, but it was good times for them.  We ate dinner (ice box delight leftovers) with miscellaneous conversation, and suddenly they both jumped up and cleared the living room floor so they could wrestle... but Nut Brown called him back to the bedroom and they came out in dress coats and hats and decided to fight/reenact a fight from this manga they're enjoying together.



The game involved throwing their hats at each other.  They were having a great time together.

When I moved out here with Rosebud and D three years ago, it left Mr. Brown and Nut Brown and Rosebud together in Texas.  Mr. Brown said that the time Nut Brown got to have as a kind of only child was really good for him.  He did a lot of growing and maturing, and that was really evident when they got to Maryland.  I especially noticed how much more patient he was with D, whose ADHD can really push everyone's buttons sometimes.  Nut Brown does still get frustrated with D, but he also genuinely enjoys him as well.  I love to see them being happy together.

 

No comments: