Monday, June 8, 2026

8 June 2026

Nut Brown submitted his missionary application a couple weeks ago.  All our bishop friends told us that his mission call would come today, so I was on tenterhooks all day thinking it would come in any time. (It's an email from church headquarters instead of a paper letter.)  Nothing happened all day so I figured it would be next week instead.  Then at around six pm, Nut Brown said, oh look, I got the email!  Mr. Brown shouted from the back of the house, Don't open it! Wait!!

We called Rose Pink in Idaho so she could listen in, and Nut Brown opened the email.  And then he had to log in to his missionary account on the church website.  And then he had to click okay a couple more times.  Mr. Brown and I were reminiscing about opening our own mission calls years ago, and I said that I thought all the clicking was supposed to replicated the envelope experience.

He finally got to the letter, and he read the whole thing out loud, and finally got to his destination in the last paragraph - California San Jose mission!  It was a wonderful experience to listen to the counsel and the prophetic calling, and when he read off the location, there was a sweet feeling about the rightness of the call to California.  Nut Brown was really pleased and excited as well.

What a wonderful thing today was.  What a blessing to all of us that he is going to serve a mission.

 

No comments: