Tuesday, September 15, 2009

11 Sept 2009

Kidney stones are back...Mr. Brown went in for surgery on Friday to get them removed. They slid in a tiny little grinder thing up his urinary tract and buzzed them to pieces. Also put in a stent to hold the tract open while it's healing to prevent urinary backup and potential infection. It means that he has to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME. It was major surgery- he was completely anesthetized so I had to drive him to and pick him up from the outpatient place that did it. He was feeling pretty cruddy all weekend.

It's yearend so things are pretty frantic at work- we were helped on Friday by the other moms in our complex who watched the kids all day so I could go back to work. And then they made us dinner, too!! What a blessing. Fortunately Mr. Brown had all weekend to really recover before I had to go back to work all day yesterday. He is trying to go slow but is able to watch the kids all day. If it wasn't year end, I would just take some time off, but it's September, so I can't. He is being so patient and understanding with my inability to be home right now.

He has an appointment this Friday to get the stent removed, so his planned trip to Oklahoma/Texas has been postponed until we see how well/poorly that goes. He's a little anxious about how he'll feel afterward- right now whenever the stent gets jostled it causes a great deal of pain, but apparently for the removal they're not planning any sort of anesthetic. Maybe he'll be more healed up by then.

No comments: