Sunday, September 20, 2009

roar

Nut Brown has this darling habit of pretending to be a lion. He crooks his fingers into claws and says, "RAAAHHR!" as loud as he can, which is not very loud, and chases us around while we run screaming. It is so funny!!

Yesterday I reminded Rose Pink to do her chore of putting away the silverware from the dishwasher. I had taken the silverware holder out and put it on the counter by the drawer for her. She sighed and came over. I was putting away other dishes. The next thing I hear is, "Captain! Captain! Stop the ship. This is our home and we going to scuba dive down to it! No, no, you mustn't go! Oh, but captain, you can come with us! You can scuba dive, too! No, I mustn't! I must stay with the ship! But it's your home! Captain! Come scuba dive with us!" and the forks and knives and spoons all scuba dived themselves into the drawer and away, and she handed me the holder and said, "Mom, will you put this back in the dishwasher for me?"

No comments: