Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas

Some of my favorite moments from our Christmas: --the fact that Mr. Brown & I couldn't fall asleep because we were so excited about our kids' excitement the next morning

--hearing Nut Brown wake up Rose Pink the next morning and say, "Socks! Downstairs!"

--the fact that Nut Brown's first instinct on finding a trail of almonds left by Rudolph from their bedroom window down the stairs to the tree was to pick them up and put them in a basket

--Rose Pink's squeal of delight upon opening Santa's gift of a mermaid barbie

--Nut Brown conscientiously hanging the tag from his gift from the three kings on the front door as if it were a Christmas card

--Mr. Brown's enormous smile when he realized that he had received a great big monitor for his xbox for Christmas

--Nut Brown flourishing the cape that Grandma sent and exclaiming, "I'm Batman!"

--my sister-in-law's thoughtful gift of a corn butterer

--the tremendous amount of love that I felt from everyone who prepared gifts for our family, and the amazing love I felt for all of you who sent evidence of affection

Happy Christmas!

No comments: