Monday, May 24, 2010
22 May 2010
Happy birthday to me! For my birthday, Mr. Brown took me to the garden center and turned me loose. I bought a lot of annuals, two azalea bushes, and some dahlia bulbs. At the farmers' market, I got two tomato plants and some herbs - basil, thyme, rosemary. I am making progress digging up hostas and planting flowering things. For my birthday present, Rose Pink picked out lots of seeds for me: lettuce, cucumber and peas, also poppy flowers. Nut Brown randomly sang Happy Birthday to me all weekend.
Sunday afternoon, Mr. Brown let me do something that I love, which is cook with him. We made applesauce (with the kids' help) and ham and mashed potatoes and dill bread and strawberry rhubarb kissel, and he made steamed asparagus. It was wonderfully fun, and the food was delicious too.
I went to the doctor this week because I have a sore index finger that won't heal. It looked like a bruised fingernail, but it didn't get any better for six weeks. I learned to type with nine fingers, and Mr. Brown decided that I should see a doctor about it. Poking around online, it looks like it might a digital ulcer that's a complication of Raynaud's syndrome that I'm pretty sure I have. The doctor was pretty fabulously unhelpful. Luckily our ward is full of medical residents and they were ready to look things up for me. (It was a couple of them who named the phenomenon of my fingers turning completely white when they get suddenly cold.) Hopefully they can find out what sort of specialist I should consult.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment