Friday, May 21, 2010

hostas

In the beds at our house, some previous person planted hostas, and no one has done anything since. And now, in my beds, I have HOSTAS. I like hostas well enough, but I like them usually in combination with other more colorful things. So I announced my intention to dig them up, and replant them along the side of our house in a strip of dirt there. (In the photo above, you can see the crater where I successfully (with Mr. Brown's help) uprooted one of the monsters. He got planted farther back in the yard by a tree.)

Rose Pink wanted to help. With no supervision or assistance from me she dug up a smaller hosta, broke it into four pieces, and replanted them in the dirt strip. And then she watered them. And then she told me she'd done it. She is amazing.

No comments: