Thursday, July 8, 2010
batman smells
Lately Nut Brown's technique at bedtime is to ask if I know any songs about --fill in the blank--. Last week he asked if I knew any songs about Batman. I said no, but Mr. Brown called out from the other room, sure you do! What about 'Jingle bells, Batman smells'?
Jingle bells, Batman smells/
Robin laid an egg/
Batmobile lost one wheel/
And the Joker got away!
The kids were both completely enchanted. Rose Pink told me in awe on Sunday afternoon that the singing leader in her big class at church knew the words. Rose Pink has altered the words to say, "...and the Joker went to the beach!" Nut Brown sang to me the other morning on the phone, "Jingle bells, Batman smells, Robin laid an egg, the Batwagon lost a wheel, the Joker went to the beach!" He wants to be Batman for Halloween. (Can we borrow the costume, Jessica?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment