Friday, September 16, 2011

16 Sep 2011

I'm on the phone with Mr. Brown and in the background I can hear Rose Pink and Nut Brown reading our nursery rhyme book together. They're clapping hands to 'Patty Cake' and singing 'Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear", and I can hear Rose Pink reading 'Wheels on the Track' to him. My heart is all tender.

Last night, I watched three boys for another mum from church, and watched Rose Pink lead a game where one of them pretended to be food the others were creating (hot dog, pizza, pie) and then the 'food' got up and ran off while the others chased it. They took turns... this comes from two books we've read: Pete's A Pizza by William Steig and The Runaway Dinner by Allen Ahlberg. They were having an excellent time together.

Then they all went downstairs and Nut Brown wanted to play the game just with me ('but don't tickle me, Mommy!') and then read the nursery rhyme book with me, snuggled in my lap in our pink reading chair. So sweet to be with him.

No comments: