Here it is on close approach. You can see the pumpkin vine on the right that is taking over. We had to direct it away from the bed and behind the garage. My neighbor in back did not believe that it was only one vine!
The front bed has peas on the right end, zinnias in the middle, carrots, basil and cilantro on the left side.
Back bed has cucumbers, the infamous pumpkin, a watermelon vine being overgrown by cucumbers, and two gigantic tomato plants. Mr. Brown said, maybe you should have planted them farther apart... and I said, I planted them almost a yard apart! I didn't expect them to be monsters!
Kids with sunflowers- someone gave us some seeds so we are experimenting with roasting. They sprouted and grew just fine. Their bed also has some poppies (chosen by Nut Brown) and some marigolds from seed (chosen by Rose Pink). I was not super impressed with either one.Kids with carrots. We're experimenting with harvest times to find out when they're done growing. I think they're still getting bigger at the moment. This summer we have consumed voluminous amounts of ranch dressing to go with carrots and cucumbers.
No comments:
Post a Comment