A couple weeks ago Mr. Brown had to move someone who lived close to a grocery store that we'd been thinking might be reachable by bike. We decided to take him a lunch (because he wasn't sure if he would have to go on and help unload as well) and see if we could get to the grocery store.
Here we are getting ready to cross at the light:
We made it to the moving site without any trouble at all. The kids were pretty pleased with themselves. We hung out for a little while and then rode the remaining block to the grocery store.
The baby desperately wants the camera.
We did all our shopping and lined up to check out, and then I realized I hadn't grabbed my wallet when we left the house. Embarrassing! But the kids decided we should race back over to the moving site and see if I could borrow Mr. Brown's wallet, because he's always very responsible about taking it with him when he leaves the house. We hurried back over and (hooray!) caught him just as they were finishing up. So then it was back to the grocery store to actually check out, and then ride home.
The grocery store is 1.5 miles from our house, but it was no trouble at all for the kids. I love going places on bikes with our kids, and I'm so glad to live in a bike-friendly place. Not only are there sidewalks all over the place, but drivers are very aware of bikes and are willing to inconvenience themselves to make sure that my kids cross the roads safely. I love it!
No comments:
Post a Comment