Thursday, February 20, 2014

20 February 2014

Rose Pink made up a warranty at the request of her grandpa and accidentally mailed it to her other grandmother.  Grandmother filled it out and sent it back, and I really wanted to preserve it.

 
 
Tuesday nights Nut Brown has gymnastics lessons, so Rose Pink and Bobo and I usually head to the library for their Tuesday night family activities.  This Tuesday they had the local nature society there with their collections of interesting stuff - fossils, pelts, bones, fish (yes! alive! in a tank!) and also... owl pellets.  Rose Pink got to dissect several and found a variety of skulls, jawbones and ribs from various rodents.  The people from the bat house were also there with some of their live bats.  Bobo was completely fascinated with them and kept wanting to go back and look at them.  Mr. Brown has trained the kids well- Rose Pink asked lots of questions of the presenters and really enjoyed the whole evening.  It was pretty awesome.  I learned a lot more about the kind of wildlife we have in our area.

No comments: