Here's Bobo wearing footie pajamas, drawn awhile ago by Rose Pink, back when he wore footie pajamas. He wears a onesie for sleeping now, in our un-air-conditioned house, and I wish he'd stop coming to get in bed with me in the middle of the night. The worst part is that he's so happy about it that I feel bad being grumpy about being woken up. Last night he had a hard time getting comfy with me and I finally figured out that he was trying to get his feet out from under the blanket, which is how I like to sleep too.
The garden is growing great guns, and Mr. Brown said, I think you need more space to garden. Couldn't agree more. So I'm making plans for ripping up more lawn and for growing peas and cucumbers up the fence next year instead of sprawled all over the bed. happy happy. The peas are just about done producing and the cucumbers just started in - Nut Brown and I picked fifteen or so yesterday and there are tons more growing on my eight or so vines. This is the summer I learn how to pickle. We picked our first cabbage yesterday too and put it in the fridge. I just got a whole cabbage for fifty cents. hee hee. We have two more growing, so I'm excited to eat those as well. I only planted one tomato plant but I keep finding volunteers coming up, and they all have tomatoes on them. Mr. Brown is planning to make lots of spaghetti sauce and freeze it in order to handle all the tomatoes. I hope the rats don't get them this year.
Did I mention that I planted raspberries this year? They weren't supposed to produce their first year, but we did get a handful of berries. Delicious. Of the four plants, two are growing well, one is holding steady, and one is not happy at all. I'm hoping that they'll eventually fill in and take over the back fence. More digging up grass. Yay!
Nut Brown is so excited about the garden that he asked to start his own. He opted for pots and carefully planted a watermelon, a pea and a bean. So far he's been good about watering. I hope they come up quickly to encourage him.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment