Monday, March 23, 2015

23 March 2015


Just a note to say that I'm turning into a true suburban-ite - a couple weeks ago I drove down to Ann Arbor to visit my aunt and uncle, and as I turned off the local interstate (five lanes) onto the highway that goes to Ann Arbor, I was suddenly claustrophobic at being constricted to only two lanes.  How can you drive at 70 mph with only two lanes?  Ha.  I'm obviously used to the massive interstates in the suburbs.

Rose Pink had her first piano recital two weeks ago on Pi Day, and it was quite the affair - almost three hours long.  It was a good experience for her - she played two pieces, and did well with both - but I think next time we'll leave the boys at home, and send Mr. Brown to sit in the back with a book.

Speaking of Pi Day, we celebrated with our friends the Peers, who were in town to attend the temple.  We made key lime pie and lemon pie and apple pie and strawberry pie, and my dad sent a box of moon pies from Alabama.  There was massive pie consumption that evening, and a toast to Pi, may it live forever.



The last couple days, Bobo has been consumed by his little-kid Legos.  I almost threw these blocks away a few months ago, and now I'm glad I didn't.  He will spend an hour, by himself, stacking and unstacking and rearranging and resnapping them.  Last night he sat through family scriptures and prayers with them, and then came in my bedroom while I was reading scripture with Nut Brown and sat on my bed and played with them for another half an hour.  Then he took them to bed with him ('I need fyashyight, Mama').  He talks to himself while he's playing, just like his sister.

No comments: