Kitty has her first cold, and can't breathe while laying down. She slept just fine last night while being held but struggled for breath and woke up every time we laid her down in her crib. It was a long night. She ended up in her car seat for awhile.
This morning Bobo saw me walking around without pants on while I was making him a sandwich for breakfast, and he said, "I'm going downstairs, Mama. I'll come when you call me." Then his little voice comes up the basement stairs. "Mama, which yaundry basket is yours?" He was going to surprise me with my pants! What a cutie. He hates to be undressed, so I imagine that he was trying to assuage what he must have viewed as my distress at being pants-less.
This has really been such a cold spring. It was freezing all week last week and it snowed four times. You know it's spring though, because we're complaining about how cold forty degrees is. If it were January, we'd be celebrating forty degrees.
Bobo has started learning to read. He's clearly wanted to for awhile, and while I was on maternity leave we studied letter shapes and sounds. We're so tired from new-baby-life at the moment that it stalled out when I went back to work, but I decided that if he's up before I leave in the morning, we'll have five minutes of reading. That's really all a three year old should have anyway. So we're reading Dick and Jane together. He's so pleased when he learns new words and is so proud that he can read the stories to me. I love watching him learn!
Monday, April 11, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment