Wednesday, August 29, 2018

29 August 2018

On Sunday the kids and I sang a musical number in sacrament meeting, a medley of 'I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus' and 'Lord, I Would Follow Thee'.  The kids put in a lot of effort and work on it, and although we didn't sound the greatest, I was proud of them for their willingness to practice.  It was so sweet to watch Bobo learn where to come in and be so proud of himself for knowing that he could do it.  The ending was written really, really high, and when we suggested re-writing it so sing a lower, unison line, instead of a high two-part line, Nut Brown resisted because he didn't want to give up the coolest part of the song, the part where he and Ramses got to stand out, in his opinion.  He worked really hard to learn the high notes and practice singing above his natural register.  Rose Pink ended up with a solo line at the end that was really beautiful.  Even Rosebud learned the words and sang with us - 'Love one another as Jesus loves you'.  We improved so much as we practiced, and I was so proud of us!

No comments: