We spent our staycation doing fun things and ignoring (mostly) the chores, and eating ice cream. Monday we made candles and went shopping. Tuesday we went to the public library downtown, and got the brakes on the minivan fixed. Wednesday the kids and I went to St. Augustine, and visited the old fort there and went to the beach, which was totally and completely cool. We took a picnic and didn't have enough time at the beach because the fort was more interesting than I expected. I definitely want to go back and see some more of the old city and visit the fort again with Mr. Brown. Thursday we rearranged the furniture. Mr. Brown said that we should finish moving in since we've been here for a year, so we put the toys in the office closet and changed the kids' beds around and threw some things away. Friday we mowed the lawn and the kids and I went to the science museum downtown. It was packed and crazy, but we loved it and so we bought an annual pass so we can go back during the school year when everybody else is in school. Nut Brown has been asking to return ever since we got home.
We ate a lot of ice cream and a lot of treats and slept in and did as few chores as possible, and did some adventurous things so we can see more of what there is to see in Florida. Super fun!
Monday, August 6, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment