Tuesday, November 13, 2018

13 November 2018

Long weekend for us - Monday was Veterans' Day Observed, so I got to be at home an extra day.  Saturday I went to the temple first thing in the morning, and then we cleaned the house and went to the Science Center in the afternoon.  Rose Pink stayed home and made a lot of cookies, because Mr. Brown was teaching on Sunday and he finds cookies helpful for his lessons.  That evening, she and Mr. Brown went to an English Country Dance sponsored by our homeschooling co-op, and they had a super great time.  There were probably a hundred kids there, and they did line dances and switched partners, and had so much fun!  Luckily they do these once a month, and Rose Pink is already looking forward to the next one.

Sunday was church - Mr. Brown went and he even managed to teach his class.  I had a nice time with my little three-year-olds.  It's clear to me that they are definitely ready for Sunbeams.  I love that I get to spend Sundays with Rosebud, too.  Bobo came home with a matching game that his teachers had helped him make and we played that on the porch a couple times.  I weeded the side bed with Bobo, who will help me if I pay him ten cents per weed that has the roots on it.  We had two couples over to dinner - I think we're actually about halfway through the ward in our quest to have the whole ward over to dinner.

Monday the kids indicated that they wanted to go to the beach, so I made a lot of jam for Christmas gifts (five batches) and then in the afternoon we went to the beach and had a lovely time in the sand and sun and surf.  It was only about eighty degrees so not warm enough for me to get too wet, but we had a lot of fun digging sand castles and splashing around.  When we got home, Mr. Brown had dinner ready and so we ate (I love meals that nourish us as a family) and then the kids and I buzzed off to our homeschool co-op's geography fair.  Mr. Brown stayed home for a video game meetup with his friend BJ.  The geography fair was pretty fun - we sampled a lot of food and read a lot of posters and talked to a bunch of kids.  My favorite was the five-year-old who'd put together a presentation about how gummy bears came from Germany. 

That evening we had good night songs and scriptures with everybody and then Nut Brown and I picked his classes for co-op in the spring, and Rose Pink and I tried to work out her enrollment in Florida virtual school.  It was a challenge.  We made progress, anyway.

It was a very nice weekend - I do love being home with my family.  We had some fun and got some good work done too.

No comments: