Wednesday, November 7, 2018

7 November 2018

Mr. Brown has revived nighttime singalongs as part of going to bed.  All the kids get their teeth brushed and get in bed, and then they each get to pick a song, and the first one in bed (that stays in bed) gets to pick one more.  Then we sing a hymn - same one for the whole month - and Mr. Brown sings Golden Slumbers as we give them kisses and they go to sleep.  Sometimes the older two get up again for awhile.

Rosebud's favorite song for awhile was "Teach Me To Walk In The Light", but the other night she wanted to sing "Teach Me to Walk In the Ice Cream".  Mr. Brown invented a song the other night, sung to the tune of "B-I-N-G-O" that is about a smelly diaper called "P-O-O-P-Y", which the kids all think is completely hilarious.  We also had a night the other week where we sang railroad songs - I've Been Working On The Railroad, The Wabash Cannonball, Casey Jones, Peanut Sat on a Railroad Track... it was really fun!  I love singing with them in the evenings.

No comments: