Monday, May 20, 2019

20 May 2019


Spencer got everything out of the garage that is coming out of the garage, and every box opened.  So the kids have access to all their toys again, and the house is a MESS.  We're looking for places to put everything, or decisions about getting rid of things.  Spencer's making decisions about what sorts of shelves and other storage stuff he wants.  Just more settling in.

Tried to get one car registered and failed.  Adventures with the DMV...  First we have to get both of them fixed and past inspection, which is costing us several hundred dollars, and then I took the one that was fixed to the DMV on Friday and found out that the DMV only does driver's licenses and I have to take the car to the county tax office to register it first, so I hotfoot it over there where the nice man tells me that since it's a joint ownership I have to have both owners or a signed piece of paper to do the title transfer/register the car.  He gives me the piece of paper.  SIGH.  I'll try again this week.

It was a good weekend generally though.  Spent time with kids playing with all their new toys.  The boys have appropriated some of my old barbies and were playing with them in a decided non-princess kind of way, which cracked me up.  Rosebud started singing Pink Floyd at the grocery store on Friday... "We don't need no education..." and then she appended, "We don’t need to go to bed!"  Bobo is sleeping on the floor of his bedroom in protest until we buy him a new mattress.  This week both the roofer and the fencer are supposed to come. 

No comments: