Friday, May 31, 2019

31 May 2019

Bobo had his birthday the weekend that we moved in, so it was a bit of a less celebrated birthday for him.  Ever since we got the lego box off the moving truck, he's basically lived in his closet with the legos, and he even opted not to go to the store with me to pick out his cake.  Nut Brown decided that we should all dress up in boxes (we had so many at that moment) and let Bobo attack us and defeat us in the backyard in order to get to his cake.  Nut Brown really did several things to make sure that Bobo had a nicer birthday than either I or Mr. Brown were up for, and I was really grateful.

I had to run borrow a lighter from our neighbor across the street, who was very kind about it, and we sang and had cake, which turned out to be yucky, and then we went to Sonic for dinner (bobo's choice).  His gifts arrived several days late because we hadn't figured out how to get mail, but eventually gifts from his grandparents arrived, and the lego set that he picked out on Amazon after the soccer socks that I picked out for him turned out to be duds (too big and un-cool).  He's such a sweetheart.  I'm so glad that he's part of our family.

No comments: