This year is my fortieth birthday. On my birthday morning, Mr. Brown emailed me, "Welcome to the Middle Ages", and then decided that would be the theme of the birthday. I came home from work to a medieval dinner. We were all in costume, and I was the lady. I patronized Nut Brown's store to buy treats for my courtiers, and then had dinner at the table, where we ate with our knives and our fingers. Mr. Brown made steak and roasted potatoes and brussels sprouts, and he'd bought 'ale' of various sorts as well. It was all super fun.
The celebration went on for the rest of the week - he made my favorite things to eat, and two birthday desserts (kissel and trifle), and there was more 'ale' to drink. It was so fun to be celebrated.
Saturday, June 1, 2019
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment