Some of us did the pumpkin roll. Rosebud came in last place and we were all cheering for her, "Go! Go! Go!" and she exclaimed, "Oh no! I'm tiring!" and continued the Brown Family tradition of having a larger than expected vocabulary.
Rosebud and Bobo both won 2-liters in the ring toss - very pleased with themselves. So Nut Brown and Rose Pink immediately decided that they needed to also, and they did. There was a lot of soda drinking the next day.
It was really fun to see how kids kept running up to us and saying "Hi!" to Bobo and Rosebud. Eventually I gave Bobo a bunch of tickets and he ran off with a group of kids to have some fun with them. This was just what we were hoping for by sending them to school.
The teenagers wandered off with Mr. Brown to go play board games with a couple in our neighborhood, but Rosebud and Bobo and I closed the place down (I may have bought too many tickets). It was fun!
One of the booths was a guessing game (how many M&Ms in the jar etc) and Mr. Brown and Rose Pink spent some time doing math and entering guesses. Today Bobo came home from school and pulled a giant bottle of candy eyeballs out of his backpack and Mr. Brown said, "Oh, you won something!" and Bobo said, "No, YOU did!" because it turned out that Mr. Brown correctly guessed the number of gumballs in the jar.




No comments:
Post a Comment