One of the most joyful things about my life is that I have to clean up piles of books left all over the living room all the time. At any given time we have at least 30 books out from the library and they are always being read and left out. I love living with other readers!
This summer I paid Bobo for every book he read that I chose. He read a lot of Newberry Medalists and Honor books, and I liked talking about them with him. Some he liked better than others. Some were boring.
Rosebud learned to read this summer and she prefers graphic novels to picture books. We packed away all the picture books that we have read and treasured with our kids. So I have been reading her an assortment of graphic novels and helping her practice reading with early reader books.
Rose Pink reads avidly whatever she wants, usually YA books of some sort. She also reads books on her phone. Nut Brown mostly reads D&D rulebooks, and not much else. I love that we have books all over the house and that we go to the library at least once a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment