Sunday, January 3, 2010

4 January 2009

We had afternoon church for the first time this year today, and the kids came home overstimulated and CRAZY. They ran around shrieking and laughing hysterically, and dinner was the sort of meal where you just lay low and try to avoid catching anyone's eye. Rose Pink would say to Nut Brown, "Say something funny!" and he would reply, "Broccoli cooking!" and they would scream with laughter. Then he just kept saying things because everything was funny.

Rose Pink at one point told me her new knock-knock joke (Knock, knock. Who's there? Tank. Tank who? You're welcome.) Nut Brown wanted to follow that up and said, Knock, knock. Who's there? He thinks and says, Door! which made all of us double over. You're funny, I said, and he just laughed harder.

I drew the line at any sort of gymnastics and told them they had to stay in their chairs to eat. Nut Brown said he was done eating and went in the living room, so I started to give the rest of his eggs to Rose Pink. He saw me and shouted, "No! My eggs! I eat them!" and came running back. I put his plate with eggs back at his place and as he was climbing back into his chair, he said to Rose Pink, "No eggs for YOU, miss!"

They went to bed early tonight.

No comments: